Rochester Area FreeThinkers (RAFT) is a community of freethinkers, agnostics, atheists, and skeptics based in Rochester, Minnesota.
Some of RAFT's common events include
- A monthly open discussion at the public library often with a speaker on a predefined topic in freethought
- Happy hours
- Movie nights
- Book discussion group
- Winter solstice dinner
- A summer picnic
- Other informal get togethers
RAFT exists in order to...
- Grow, support, and provide community for freethinkers and atheists in and around Rochester, Minnesota.
- Educate the public about freethought and present it as positive and legitimate.
- Provide information and encourage education in science and critical thought.
- Encourage the public to look for credible evidence rather than superstition, dogma, and the supernatural.
- Support the wall of separation between church and state, and inform the public about policy that infringes on that separation.